Sunday, September 7, 2008

Life at our house with NFL football


Courtesy of espn.com


So, through the recent weeks Big E has casually talked about the 2008 NFL season. Over the years he has participated in fantasy football leagues and spent many Sundays/Mondays in front of the t.v. 

When we had just one child it didn't bother me much. In fact we usually hung out, I cooked and M played quietly. Then came child #2. It still was doable, but not as carefree. We used our weekends to get the house organized for the week ahead. Big E always volunteered to do laundry while watching game after game after game. When we had newborns he gladly snuggle with them while they slept so I could have my hands free to get things done. 

Alas, there were many days when I wanted to stay put watching movies and let Big E do all the cleaning. But I must admit I am a control freak to a certain extent. It would be hard for me to "let go" and let Big E pick up and clean. So, our system had worked for us. However, not without some arguments of the years. 

So, today in our tradition, Big E set up his folding station (in front of the flat screen) and began to conquer Mt. Laundry. The littlest child was napping, the middle child was playing super heroes and the eldest was painting outside when it happened...

Eeeerrrrrrrrhhhhhhaaaa....CLUNK....SILENCE...STINKY SMELL...

THE WASHER BROKE! (Shit!)

Yes, after almost nine faithful years of service our washer broke mid-cycle during our first load today. It stinks (signs of a broken belt I think) and I am bummed. I don't want to spend my afternoon at a laundry mat. Although I could get several chapters of my book read. So, I think I will ring out the clothes by hand and call a repair man first thing in the morning. I'll get a quote and see if repairing it is better than new. However, our machine is old and if we shop around we MIGHT be able to get a new one cheaper than a repair. We'll see...;-)

SLSK

No comments: